Recipe- Herb Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook time: 6 1/2 mins. Serves: 4
- 1 cup (approx. 8 to 10) baby potatoes
- 2 tsp dill/oregano
- 2 tsp chill powder/ chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp grated mozzarella
- 2 tsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash the baby potatoes & pierce them gently with a fork.
- Place the potatoes in a microwave safe bowl & microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Remove & allow the potatoes to stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut each potato into 2 & keep aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, mix together the dill/oregano, chilli powder/flakes & butter & microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, salt & pepper & mix well.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese & microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Serve hot.
Handy tip: While cooking the potatoes, it is advisable to place a small bowl of water along with the potatoes in the microwave, to prevent the potatoes from drying out.
Source: “Microwave Snacks & Desserts” by Tarla Dalal (slightly modified recipe)