- 150g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas (around 250g peeled weight)
- 150g powdered sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 60ml natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Icing Ingredients (Optional)
• 3 cups powdered sugar
• 1/3 cup butter, softened
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• Chocolate Shavings (For Garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas 3. Grease and line a 20cm round, deep cake tin. Melt the butter over a low heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of sea salt. Peel and mash the bananas in a separate bowl with the back of a fork, then whisk in the melted butter, sugar, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool on a plate until you finish making the frosting , before putting it in the fridge and letting it cool.
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar. Freeze it until slightly stiff and spread on the cake.
- Garnish with Chocolate Shavings
3 CommentsAdd Yours
Wow waiting to try some
i will make some today.. ;P